Saturday 27 February 2016

DT Samples for ClarityStamp 25-2-2016

Hello there everyone, thank you for stopping by. I would like to say a special Hello to my new blog Followers, thank you everyone for following my Blog I appreciate you all. I do get excited every time the number goes up too!
So does this look Black and White to you???
 
This is my BLACK AND WHITE project - Jigsaw Canvas I did for Barbara's show on 25th Feb 2016 - I am writing this ahead of time, so fingers crossed I won't get any trouble off Blogsy this time? When I say my BLACK & WHITE project, I use the term loosely!!! All will be revealed.

I tried Black and White Alone? I am always trying to do Black and White, I love it? But mostly I find  it is just a bit "Harsh" to look at. It needs a splash of something else??? Its just so hard not to add a Splash of colour, and then of course once you have done that you want to add another splash and another.................
 
It's funny but I used to joke with Barbara Gray about how I would soon catch up with the amount of followers she had, see I used to tell her it wasn't fair that I had been doing my Blog for two years and she had just started hers, AND YET, she had 600 followers more than me!!! I think at the time I had 49 and I used to be happy with my lot???? So Barbara has gained another 1,019 followers since that first week and I was thinking if all my lovely Blog followers wanted to help me catch up to Barbara all they would have to do is Force / I mean Introduce 8 of their friends to check out my Blog and Make/ I mean let them see if they wanted to follow it?? ha ha OK I am kidding - NO HONESTLY I AM KIDDING?????? Good maths though eh?  I actually have gained an extra 167 Blog followers myself since then and I am more than happy. I was chuffed to bits when the number got to 10 !!!!!
 
So you keep on adding a splash of colour and before you know it you have got one of the most colourful Jigsaws you HAVE EVER SEEN!
 
Ower Barbara has just won an award for her Blog and Clarity Stamp have also won Best New Product with the Groovy System, I knew they would, it's not only clever but it genuinely helps ladies who would love to do parchment but haven't got the skills, time, or maybe the dexterity for it or if you are like me THE PATIENCE?
 
 
OH look!!! Is that a WHITE piece and a BLACK piece???? See I even had to add colour to that???
 
I did try parchment way back in the day, I loved the look of it, and still do, but straight away I just wanted to get that white ink on there. I bought a book, I bought a kit, I sat down to do it and surprise surprise I just didn't get the results I had seen other Parchers get, so after half an hour I gave up !!!! But now with the Groovy I can have a finished piece in no time and I can't really go wrong, well I CAN but it is very difficult to go wrong!!
 
Well now here I really SHOULD HAVE LEFT A BLACK PIECE!!!!  See that one on the left, with the white dots and Red Stripes,, that was supposed to be Black to balance out that side of the JigSaw - I missed it totally. See the Cockeral has three pieces to it but it doesn't show properly because that piece isn't Black, I had already sent it before I noticed on the photo.  I was going to send a note to Barbara and ask her to paint it Black but I thought she might think I was a little cheeky????
 
Of course if you chuck lots of ink, or wet paint at the parchment it is not so hot, or if you get impatient and try to do Mixed Media type cutting it doesn't look so great either, but if you just used the Groovy Plates as intended, have a little bit of patience and stop trying to drench the parchment to grunge it up you won't have any of the results that are in my bin. !!!
 
I did a bit of hand doodling here to mix in with the Stamps, I used all four stamp sets from the Show.
You will find them ....... HERE
 
So this is it! My very first mixed media JigSaw - well actually this was the third out of my batch that I sent off - it definitely won't be my last.
Wouldn't a JigSaw Piece Swap be good?  Mmmmm how would it work? You get 24 people, (there are 24 pieces) they all do a full JigSaw and everyone is allotted a Piece No. to receive and send, hang on let me get the logic of this and I will get back to you.  I might run this on my Art On A Gelli Plate FB Page for anyone who is interested, and may be do a separate Gelli Plate one on my Art on A Gelli Plat FB Page?  I will give everyone chance to get themselves a set of the JigSaws, including me I need to stock up.  You could do all sorts to these pieces, you can add handles, have hidden pictures underneath the pieces?  all sorts. x  Then we will all swap all but 1 piece, so we have one of our own.  Then everyone could add a photo to my Pages, Mmmmm would there be a prize or would it just be for the fun of it?  Anyone interested?????    
So back to the Groovi Plate I have a few ideas of what to do with the Groovi but I need to sort some other crafty things out first - watch this space!! The Groovi DT Team are all brilliant at it, you should check out their work. xx I must say congratulations to Barbara Gray, and Clarity on the Groovi Award, well deserved.
 
Once I had finished the Jigsaw I mounted it onto a canvas and decorated a backing Canvas - next time though I would make that left hand Jigsaw piece black and I would do a plain white canvas background with the stamped edge. But hey I loved playing with these Jigsaws and that's what it all about.
  
So have you all seen Ower Barbara's Blog? Just in case you haven't I will <give you the link here > Barbara Blogs every day, I don't know how she manages, it takes me three days to upload my photos, two days to correct my Typo's and 5 hours to charge up my computer so that I can actually post it because my IPad won't let me?? See, I do work hard for you all. Xxx Technology, I can't live with it and I can't live without it.
So I will show you the rest of my JigSaws and cards throughout the next week, mainly because Me and Blogsy are getting on a lot better lately, (well that is obviously a lie, remember I said I did this Blog ahead o time???? what day is it now?????? 
Carry on Crafting!
Sam Crowe xxx

21 comments:

  1. Sam you just crack me up lol..reading your blog is like sitting facing you listening to you witter on..your artwork is sublime I love all your projects and I would love to spend time with you crafting xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda you just had me rolling in the isles laughing at your post - wittering on - Mmmm heard that before???? Hey I would love to have a crafty day with you Linda. Not sure we would get a lot done though. xxx

      Delete
    2. I agree Linda... It's like Sam is in the room with us!

      Delete
    3. Well I wouldn't want you both to miss me TOO MUCH!!!

      Delete
  2. Sam you just crack me up lol..reading your blog is like sitting facing you listening to you witter on..your artwork is sublime I love all your projects and I would love to spend time with you crafting xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this tonight, Sam. It gave me a few giggles and the black and white jigsaw is perfect. xxx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie for you lovely comment. It's lovely to know I could make you LOL/smile! Xxx

      Delete
  4. I can see where you are going with this "Black & White" jigsaw - love it! Lots happening with each of the pieces and the finished piece looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. You know I even have a note on my desk that says "Try Black and White again"! It's been there for about a year! Xx

      Delete
  5. Great blog post Sam! Love your work! If I tried that it would end up in the bin but yours always inspires me! I might have a try when I get some time! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Jane that's lovely of you to say so. Hey you're not such a bad crafter yourself missus!!!! Xxxx

      Delete
  6. What a great chatty blog Sam - love it. You're a very comical writer and certainly made me smile! Fab artwork - inspiring!
    Have a lovely Sunday, Carole xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your "black and white" jigsaw Sam and love your idea of a jigsaw piece swap. It would work brilliantly at a workshop too wouldnt it?
    may have to pinch and try with my group it you don't mind. We did something a little similar with zentangle squares last year and I have the finished artwork framed. Love reading your blog too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for you comment Julie. Well what a great idea doing the swap a Workshop!! Hell yeah do it, I think I will too! Xx

      Delete
  8. Always so entertaining reading your blogs, Sam. Your jigsaw is fab. Will keep me busy just trying to find all the different stamps...each and every piece is so different and unique. Shows how creative you are...or how your mind work!!! No wonder you struggle to catch a train from A to B lol! (Just joking). Ordered some jigsaws last night and love the idea of a jigsaw swap. My mind is planning the logistics now and should be easy to do...as long as we all numbered our pieces the same way. Say start at top left with number 1, always start at left side of row when numbering. Within each group you gave and received the same numbered piece to the same person. It could be done and what fun to see the results. Often wish I was as creative as you Sam but I'm the logical one so don't mind working out a jigsaw piece swap system if you want help. In fact it's almost organised itself in my head as I write. Just wish I could think of colour combinations in the same way instead of the mud I often get. Thanks again for the blog, hugs, Jeanette xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jeanette, ha you made me laugh too and how right you are about m head thing!!! Right you are hired!!!! I will do the Theme you can do the logistics and organisation!!! Or should we keep it theme free???? Just use some Clarity Stamps though???

      Delete
  9. What a great blog Sam! I'm going to read about the jigsaw swap again and have a go when you start. better order some jigsaws then! I've just started a little blog too just so I can out the Clarity Chakkenge pieces on for a start. http://jackiecou.blogspot.co.uk if you want to look. Nothing like yours but I'm new to this! your work always gives me inspiration if I didn't have other people's ideas to look at I wouldn't know where to start ! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nipped over to your Blog and left you some love. Keep at it, it took a while for me to get to 50 followers but then it built fairly quickly and is still growing. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sam, you are a unique, wonderful, creative, funny, quirky, beautiful woman. And I am so privileged to have you for a friend xxxxxxx even if your spelling is shite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw thank you Barbara, luv you more! Not to sure what u meen about my spelllling tho?

    ReplyDelete

Featured post

DT Samples for ClarityStamp 25-2-2016

Hello there everyone, thank you for stopping by. I would like to say a special Hello to my new blog Followers, thank you everyone for foll...